“So you must be single?” asked the dealer with a grin.
I chuckled. “Yea. Is it that obvious?”
He patted the dashboard. “Yup. Married guys don’t usually buy convertibles.”
He was the third dealer to tell me that. So I wondered: What does a car say about a guy?
- Single guy who likes the outdoors, feeling the sun on his face and the wind in his hair. Probably really handsome and smart (heh).
- Sports car
- Single guy (or married guy going through a midlife crisis) who likes driving really fast and breaking the law. To him, speed limits are optional.
- Luxury car
- Guy with money who appreciates the finer things in life. Or a guy pretending to be a guy with money.
- Luxury sports car
- Married guy with money going through a midlife crisis. Likes the feeling of the sun on his face and the wind on his thinning or bald head.
- Some say a car is an extension of a guy’s you-know-what. So what’s that say about a guy with a Mini? (Ha!)
- Married guy with kids. What more can I say about that?
- Single guy who’s practical and modest. Can’t afford a nicer car at the moment. Is probably thinking about driving this car to the ground before buying another one.
- Modified Japanese Coupe
- Young guy with a big ego and a small penis. Thinks he’s tough shit.
- Pickup Truck
- Working guy who has to haul cargo often. Or a guy who likes to drink beer, shoot little animals, and play a banjo by the river.
- Married guy who didn’t get the memo about SUVs being the new minivans of the twenty-first century.
- Guy who likes the outdoors (like camping, snowboarding, etc), yet hates the outdoors (because of his gas guzzling SUV).
- Guy who’s trying to help the environment and driving in the carpool lane. Might suffer from a case of Smug.
What does your car say about you?