Foot-in-Mouth disease doesn’t just strike dates. For some, it strikes during interviews too. Here is a list of what hopefully never comes out of your mouth during an interview.
- “What I want to know is, how do I get your job?”
- “Honestly, if you must know, I really hate people.”
- “Can you give me an alphabetized list of everyone in this office, including their home addresses and social security numbers? I like to do a background check on all of my coworkers before joining a new company.”
- “Ohmigod I’m so drunk right now I think I’m gonna puke…”
- “The receptionist is totally hot. I can’t wait to get hired so I can bang her.”
- “I’m prone to violent and homicidal fits of rage whenever I’m disappointed. So, I have the job, right?”
- “No, I don’t think this company really has any potential or will go anywhere. I just want a paycheck.”
- “Hold on, I hear my phone ringing.”
- “My hobbies? I love FarmVille! I can’t stop playing it all day long, sometimes for hours on end!”
- “So how the fuck are ya?”
What else should a candidate not say on an interview?